Sunday, November 14, 2010

Resources Class Reflection

For the final week, there were some questions posted for us to be answered as a reflection of the whole class.

1. What do you like about blogging?

I like blogging. Blogging helps me to think critically and look at things from different perspectives. It helped me to exercise my thinking and memorization skills as I need to think about the lesson and remember the views and what i have learnt.

2. What you do not like about blogging?
I do not like it as we need to have internet connection in order to update the blog.

3. What have you gained from blogging e.g. Language skills, improved fluency, critical thinking, improved thought processes, technology skills etc. How?

I have gained a lot as I started blogging. Not only did my language writing skills improved, I realized that I spoke more fluently as well. This is because I can think more and plan first now before I speak. Besides, I can think more critically. I am slowly acquiring mature thought process. Most importantly, I have learnt some very useful technological skills through blogging. I have learnt how to attach pictures and change the design template of the blog.


4. What do you like about this course?

This course has brought me through a great and challenging journey of learning new skills which are very useful to me.


5. What you do not like about this course?
I think I am giving more concern and time to this course than the other courses. It had made me to try my best to set a balance between all courses.



6. What have you learnt from this course?

I have learnt how to make various technological resources for teaching primary schools pupils. I have learnt how to download documents, photos, songs and software from the internet. I learnt the steps of converting different types of files to various form. I have learnt how to edit photos, sounds and videos. Besides, I have learnt more things that Microsoft Publisher can do.

7. What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?
I have learnt how to edit sounds. This is something I did not expect to learn.

8. What have you expected but do not learn from this course?
I expected to learn more on the various criteria that teachers should look into before designing or choosing a teacher aids.

9. Comments regarding modules:

1. Internet and computing skills

a. What do you like about this module?

It has taught me how to download so many things from the internet.

b. What do you not like about this module?

At some part, I felt like not respecting the composer for the songs which I downloaded asI did not pay anything.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I could apply what I have learnt from the module and strengthen this skill that I just acquired.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I think the task should just focus more on group work as it is better to work in group as we can learn more from each other and develop our skills.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learnt the skill of converting files to another format and also encoding music or video files to various format.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

With these skills, I can now produce free technological teaching aids by just downloading the pictures, video or song I need from the Internet and convert them to suitable format.


2. Photo Editing

a. What do you like about this module?
It taught me some new programme to edit pictures.


b. What do you not like about this module?
There are some missing steps in this module.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?
It gave me chance to edit pictures to be used as teaching aids.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?
I think photo editing should focus more on individual task so that everyone can learn mer as they discover the functions of photo editing software themselves.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?
I learnt the skills of editing photos using softwares such as Photoshop CS3, PhotoBucket and PhotoScape.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?
I can now easily edit pictures that I have so that it can be used in class.

3. Audio Editing Skills

a. What do you like about this module?

I personally like music. So I like audio editing. It exposed me to some very useful audio editing software.

b. What do you not like about this module?

Some of the steps are not very clear.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

It is not so difficult compared to video editing and downloading.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I think more time should be given to complete the tasks.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I have learnt how to edit audio files to make it fade in, fade out and less noise.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?
I can now add another genre of teaching aids that I know - edited audio. Songs can now be edited to suit the lesson.

4. Video Editing Skills

a. What do you like about this module?
I can be a director of my own video clip.

b. What do you not like about this module?
It requires a lot of focus and strength to edit the videos.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?
The task given go hand in hand with the objective of this module, which is to see video editing skills acquired.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?
I think it is a bit challenging and lots of attention need to be given for the tasks.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?
I learnt how to drag pictures into the timeline, add text, and slide transition effect to a video.


f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?
I can now make my own video for my class. I can now make sure that the videos shown are suitable for achieving the learning objectives and local context.

5. Software for ELT

a. What do you like about this module?

It taught me how to use Microsoft Publisher to its fullest potential.



b. What do you not like about this module?

It requires a lot of adjustment and small details to be filled in to make it better.



c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

It really test our ability to use different template provided in Microsoft Publisher.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

There is somehow slight repetition between individual and group task.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I have learnt that many things like invitation and business card can actually be self-made.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?
I can now used my own designed paper work or cards to teach children. I can save cost by not buying the commercial paper works and cards.

10. If you can change anything about this course, state what is and elaborate?
Perhaps the quantity of the module and its tasks can be lessened a bit. This might help students to really do all the steps in the modules properly and have time to discover other things in the softwares taught rather than rushing through all the steps and might not acquired all the skills in it.

On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate your computing and technological skills for both before and after undergoing the course.
Before undergoing the course, it would be 5. After undergoing the course, it is around 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment